The Electronic Medical Visa to Visit India
The Indian government has introduced a medical visa for foreign nationals from all over the world who wish to receive specialized medical treatment in India for an extended length of time. Patients come from both developed and emerging countries because of the high-quality healthcare and technologically advanced equipment.
Furthermore, Indian hospitals are a fantastic option for many patients around the world because of the affordable accommodation and hospitality medical, as well as the available interpreters.
International travelers who wish to receive treatment in reputed and recognised hospitals or treatment centers in India under the Indian system of medicine or for any other specialized medical treatment are eligible to apply for the Indian Medical eVisa or Electronic Medical Visa using our online visa application.
India Immigration Authority has provided a modern method of Indian Visa Online application. This means a good news for the applicants as the visitors to India are no longer required to make an appointment for a physical visit to the High Commission of India or Indian Embassy in your home country.
Government of India allows visit to India by applying for Indian Visa online on this website for several purposes. For example if your intention for travelling to India relates to a commercial or business purpose, then you are eligible to apply for Indian Business Visa Online (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Business). If you are planning to go to India as a medical visitor for medical reason, consulting doctor or for surgery or for your health, Government of India has made Indian Medical Visa Online available for your needs (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Medical purposes). Indian Tourist Visa Online (Indian Visa Online or eVisa India for Tourist) can be utilised for meeting friends, meeting relatives in India, attending courses like Yoga, or for sight-seeing and tourism.
What is a medical visa in India?
If you are a foreign national and wish to avail of medical treatment in India, the eMedical Visa will be your online travel permission. A medical Indian visa entitles the holder to 3 visits to the country.
The eMedical visa is a short-term visa that is provided for the purpose of medical treatment. Only the patient and not family members are eligible for this sort of visa. Medical attendant visas can be obtained by blood relations to accompany the eMedical visa holder.
What is an eMedical Visa and how does it work?
Obtaining a medical visa is a simple procedure. Eligible passengers who seek to obtain medical care can quickly fill out the application by providing their full name, date and place of birth, address, contact information, and passport information.
The candidate will have to fill up a safety questionnaire and settle the fee for the Indian eMedical visa through a debit or credit card. The eVisa for medical purposes will be delivered to the applicant's email address after it has been authorized.
Applicants must be aware of the following in order to get an eMedical visa for India:
- YourIndian eMedical Visa will remain valid for a span of 60 days from the day you enter the country.
- The Indian Medical visa allows for 3 entries.
- A maximum of 3 medical travels are allowed each year.
- This visa can not be renewed, converted, or used to visit protected or restricted areas.
- You should be capable of supporting yourself financially during your stay in India.
- During their stay, travelers must always keep a copy of their approved eVisa India permission with them.
- When you are applying for the eMedical visa, you will have a return or onward ticket.
- No matter what your age is, you must have your own passport.
- As a parent, you will not be allowed to include their children in your online visa application.
- Your passport should be valid for a span of at least 6 months after your arrival in India.
- Both the entry and exit stamps should be put on your passport by immigration and border control authorities, for which it must have at least 2 blank pages.
- If you have International Travel Documents or Diplomatic Passports, you are not eligible to apply for an e-Tourist visa to visit India.
All visitors from foreign countries are required to meet a few standards to apply for the Indian eVisa. For eMedical Visas, however, there are extra evidentiary requirements, which are as follows:
- A letter from an Indian hospital
- Answer questions about the Indian hospital you'll be visiting.
It is required to present all of the evidence requirements while completing the online application.
What can you do with an eMedical visa from India?
The Medical evisa to visit India was developed for travelers who want short-term medical care in the country. To be eligible for this visa, you should be able to meet the evidence requirements to apply for it.
Keep in mind that this eVisa is only open for visitors who are seeking medical treatment. It is essential to have a letter from an Indian hospital where the treatment is supposed to be provided. Restricted or protected areas in India are not accessible to people with the eMedical visa.
Foreign tourists coming to India on e-Visa must arrive at one of the designated airports. Both Delhi and Chandigarh are designated airports for Indian e-Visa with proximity to Himalayas.
What is the duration of your stay in India with the eMedical visa?
Once your evisa is approved, it will be mailed to the applicant’s email address. The Medical visa for India grants a stay of 60 days from the first date of entry into the country. If you have a valid eMedical visa, you can enter India up to a maximum of 3 times.
It is possible to obtain an eVisa for India 3 times per year. The eMedical visa will give you a total duration of 60 days. Therefore, travelers can visit India for their medical treatment and obtain a second electronic visa if they need to.
Gods Own Country Kerala for Indian Tourists.
What are the countries eligible for the Indian Medical eVisa?
The countries eligible for the Indian Medical eVisa are as follows -
● Czech Republic
● New Zealand
● South Africa
● South Korea
● United States
● Antigua & Barbuda
● Bosnia & Herzegovina
● Cape Verde
● Cayman Island
● Cook Islands
● Costa Rica
● Côte d’ivoire
● Dominican Republic
● East Timor
● El Salvador
● Equatorial Guinea
What are the countries not eligible for the Indian Medical eVisa?
The Indian Business eVisa is not yet permitted for the citizens of the countries that are listed as follows. This is a temporary step that has been taken to ensure the security of the country, and citizens belonging to them are expected to be permitted into India again soon.
● Hong Kong
● Saudi Arabia
● Sri Lanka
● United Kingdom
One of the biggest festivals in India, the Durga puja of Kolkata attracts millions of excited pandal hoppers every year. Learn more at Durga Puja in Kolkata
What are the eligibility criteria for the Indian Medical eVisa?
It is worth noting that the Indian eMedical Visa is open to citizens of 165 countries throughout the world. You can review the complete list of Eligible Countries for Indian Medical visas that we mentioned above, as an applicant to see if you are eligible for an eMedical visa.
The following are the requirements for an Indian eMedical visa:
- You must first apply for an eMedical visa to India.
- It should be obvious that you sought first medical advice in your home country and were subsequently advised to seek professional care in India. That letter of recommendation will come in handy.
- You must seek medical help only from a reputable facility that specializes in the treatment of your ailment.
- Your eMedical visa application will be denied if you get medical care from a professional who is not recognised and licenced by the Indian government.
- Serious ailments such as neurosurgery, ocular disorders, heart-related difficulties, renal disorders, organ transplantation, congenital disorders, gene therapy, radiation, plastic surgery, and joint replacement, among others, would be the main considerations.
- It is important to note that a medical visa to India for surrogacy will not be granted.
Another thing to keep in mind is that under separate Medical Attendant visas, only 2 attendants (only blood relatives) are allowed to accompany the applicant, and only short-term Medical Mission trips are permitted.
How do I obtain the Medical eVisa to visit India?
Foreign nationals can apply for an eMedical visa in India by completing an online application form. This straightforward procedure can be completed from the convenience of a traveler's home or office, avoiding the need to visit an embassy or consulate.
Applicants must provide basic personal information such as their full name, country, and birth date. They must also submit their passport information, as well as a contact email address and phone number. Finally, a few security concerns must be addressed.
Filling out the form is simple and quick. Within a few medical days, the approved India medical visa is sent to the applicant's email address.
Indian Visa for Australian Citizens can be obtained online with the help of an electronic format, instead of having to visit the Indian Embassy or consulate. Other than making the whole process easier, the eVisa system is also the quickest way to visit India. Learn more at The Online eVisa To Visit India for Australian Citizens
What documents do I need to have in order to get my medical eVisa to visit India?
Eligible international travelers must have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival in India in order to apply for an Indian medical visa online. Applicants must also provide a passport-style photo that meets all of the standards for an India visa photo.
All international visitors must be able to show proof of onward travel, such as a return plane ticket. A medical card or letter is required as additional evidence for a medical visa. There are certain concerns concerning the sending and receiving organizations as well.
Supporting documents are conveniently uploaded electronically, eliminating the need to submit documentation in person at an Indian consulate or embassy.
What are the photo requirements to obtain the Indian medical eVisa?
Travelers must submit a scan of their passport bio page and a separate, recent digital photograph to get an eTourist, eBusiness, or eMedical Visa for India.
All documents, including the photograph, are uploaded digitally as part of the Indian eVisa application procedure. The eVisa is the simplest and most convenient way to enter India because it eliminates the requirement to produce documents in person at an embassy or consulate.
Many people have questions about the photo criteria for India visas, particularly the color and size of the photograph. Confusion can also arise when it comes to choosing a good background for the shot and ensuring proper lighting.
The material below discusses the requirements for pictures; images that do not satisfy these requirements will result in your India visa application being denied.
- It is critical that the traveler's photo is of the proper size. The requirements are strict, and images that are too large or small will not be accepted, necessitating the submission of a new visa application.
- The file size of your photo file must be 1 KB minimum, and 10 KB maximum.
- The image's height and width must be equal, and it should not be cropped.
- PDFs cannot be uploaded; the file must be in JPEG format.
- Photos for the Indian eTourist visa, or any of the other forms of eVisa, must match numerous additional conditions in addition to being the correct size.
Failure to provide an image that fits these standards can result in delays and rejections, so applicants should be aware of this.
Famously known as the Pink city of India, Jaipur’s rich history and heritage is an extraordinary blend of royalty and art. However, one thing that makes Jaipur stand out from all tourist destinations is its enormous markets that are spread out all over the city, making every shopper’s dream come true. Learn more at Tourist Guide to the Best Shopping Markets in Jaipur
Does an Indian medical eVisa photo need to be in color or black and white?
The Indian government allows both color and black-and-white images as long as they show the applicant's appearance clearly and accurately.
It is strongly advised that tourists send a color photo because color photos often provide greater detail. Computer software should not be used to edit photos.
What are the fees required for eMedical Visas in India?
For an Indian medical eVisa, you must pay 2 fees: the Indian Government eVisa Fee and the Visa Service Fee. A service fee is assessed in order to expedite the processing of your visa and ensure that you receive your eVisa as soon as possible. The government fee is levied in accordance with Indian government policy.
It is crucial to remember that both the India eVisa service costs and the application form processing fees are non-refundable. As a result, if you make a mistake during the application process and your eMedical visa is denied, you will be charged the same cost to reapply. So you must pay close attention as you fill in the blanks and follow all of the instructions.
For the Indian Medical eVisa photo, what background should I use?
You must choose a basic, light-colored, or white background. Subjects should stand in front of a simple wall with no pictures, fancy wallpaper, or other people in the background.
Stand about half a meter away from the wall to prevent casting a shadow. The shot may be rejected if there are shadows in the backdrop.
Is it okay for me to wear spectacles in my India Medical evisa photo?
In the Indian eVisa photograph, it is critical that the complete face be seen. As a result, spectacles should be taken off. Prescription glasses and sunglasses are not permitted to be worn in the Indian eVisa photo.
In addition, subjects should ensure that their eyes are fully open and free of red-eye. The shot should be retaken rather than utilizing software to edit it. To avoid the red-eye effect, avoid utilizing a direct flash.
Should I smile in the photo for the Indian Medical eVisa?
In the India visa photo, smiling is not authorized. Instead, the person should keep a neutral demeanor and keep his mouth shut. In the visa photo, don't reveal your teeth.
Smiling is often prohibited in passport and visa photos because it may interfere with the accurate measurement of biometrics. If a photograph is uploaded with an inappropriate facial expression, it will be rejected, and you will need to submit a new application.
Is it permissible for me to wear a hijab for the Indian medical evisa photo?
Religious headgear, such as a hijab, is acceptable as long as the entire face is visible. Scarves and caps worn for religious purposes are the only items permitted. For the photograph, all other items that partially cover the face must be removed.
How to take a digital image for an Indian medical eVisa?
Shooting all of the above into account, here is a quick step-by-step strategy for taking a photo that will work for any form of Indian visa:
- Find a white or light plain background, especially in a light-filled space.
- Remove any hats, glasses, or other face-covering accessories.
- Make sure your hair is swept back and away from your face.
- Place yourself about half a meter away from the wall.
- Face the camera directly and make sure the entire head is in the frame, from the top of the hair to the bottom of the chin.
- After you have taken the picture, make sure there are no shadows on the background or on your face, as well as no red eyes.
- During the eVisa application, upload the photo.
Minors require a separate visa for India, complete with a digital photograph, for parents and guardians traveling to India with children.
Other Conditions for a Successful eVisa Application in India -
In addition to presenting a photo that fits the criterion, international nationals must also meet the other Indian eVisa requirements, which include having the following:
- A passport must be valid for 6 months from the date of entry into India.
- To pay the Indian eVisa costs, they will need a debit or credit card.
- They must have a valid email address.
- Before submitting their request for evaluation, travelers must fill out the eVisa form with basic personal information and passport information.
- Additional supporting documents are required to get an emedical or eMedical visa for India.
The Indian authorities will not award the visa if any errors were made when filling out the form, or if the photograph does not fit the requirements. To avoid delays and possible travel disruptions, make sure the application is error-free and that the photograph and any other supporting documentation are properly submitted.
Citizens of many countries including United States, Canada, France, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Singapore, United Kingdom, are eligible for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) including visiting beaches of India on tourist visa. Resident of over 180 countries quality for Indian Visa Online (eVisa India) as per Indian Visa Eligibility and apply the Indian Visa Online offered by the Government of India.
Should you have any doubts or require assistance for your trip to India or Visa for India (eVisa India), you can apply for the Indian Visa Online right here and if you need any need any help or require any clarifications you should contact Indian Visa Help Desk for support and guidance.